Water Damage Repair And Restoration
Water damage is something that if not repaired within a timely manner, will end up getting worse over time. Water damage can happen due to natural causes like heavy rain (leading to flooding), or due to faulty plumbing. In either case, time is of the essence when it comes to water damage.
Signs of Water Damage
Although most of the time water damage is highly noticeable, there are times when you cannot see the damage until it’s too late. Here are some signs that you might have water damage even if you cannot necessarily see water:
- If you enter a room or open a cabinet and notice a musty smell this is a sign that you not only have a leak, but also that you have some water damage.
- Stains or discolorations
- Brownish and dark stains on your ceiling are a sign of a like. Walls and floors may also discolor. Whenever unexpected stains appear, check for a water leak in the immediate area.
The Damage Water Can Do
- Water contamination spreads to additional areas increasing damage and claim costs.
- Books and paper goods are ruined due to moisture absorption with swelling and warping.
- Stains are released from furniture, staining carpet permanently; this damage is accelerated with antique furniture.
- Moisture-sensitive furniture finishes turn white.
- Latent animal urine odor becomes apparent.
- Furniture in direct contact with water may delaminate or swell, legs may begin to split.
- Swelling wood may cause finish to crack.
- Drywall (sheetrock) may swell and disintegrate.
- Normal household odors, when amplified by temperature and humidity, may intensify.
- Dyes from non-colorfast fabrics may start to migrate.
- Metal surfaces may start to tarnish.
- Fungi may appear, along with their characteristic musty odor.
- Severe warping of wood furnishings may become apparent; adhesive release may cause delaminating.
- Internal components in pianos and organs may swell from condensed moisture absorption.
- Metal surfaces may rust, pit and corrode, causing permanent damage.
- Paint may blister, plaster may dissolve, wall-covering adhesives may release.
- Door and window casings swell and delaminate.
- Wood structural members (decking, joists, and studs) may begin to swell, warp and split.
- Persons with asthma or the infirm elderly may develop hypersensitive reactions.
- With prolonged dampness mold sinks into and destroys organic materials (jute, backings, and paper coverings on drywall, paneling, wood or contents items).
- Wood components may warp and split, while chemicals within wood dissolve and discolor or destroy finishes.
Don’t Wait To Repair Water Damage!
If not addressed, fire and water damage creates a dangerous and unpleasant environment. These issues can cause lifelong problems for children, who can become sensitized to allergens arising from uncontrolled microbial growth. The most important thing to remember is: don’t wait! At the first sign of fire and water damage, call or schedule your service today!
We offer $0 down financing with approved credit, so don’t postpone important system repairs or replacements in your home.