If you have water damage in your home, then you need to know that time is of the essence. If flooding occurs from a burst pipe, a plumbing break, or heavy rain, then a quick response is critical, and nobody gets there faster than John Moore Services. The longer the water sits in your home, the more damage it does to your property and the more repairs you’ll need to do – and yes, you guessed it: it also means you will spend even more money.
Water Damage Repair And Restoration Cleanup Services
Our water damage cleanup plumbing services include:
- Emergency water extraction and flood restoration services
- Water damage cleanup, including sewage removal, sanitization and disinfection
- Drying, dehumidifying, and deodorizing, including carpets, attics and other crawl spaces
- Mold and mildew removal
The Damage Water Can Do
So, what can water and plumbing damage do to your property if you don’t act quickly?
- Water contamination spreads to additional areas increasing damage and claim costs.
- Books and paper goods are ruined due to moisture absorption with swelling and warping.
- Stains are released from furniture, staining carpet permanently; this damage is accelerated with antique furniture.
- Moisture-sensitive furniture finishes turn white.
- Latent animal urine odor becomes apparent.
- Furniture in direct contact with water may delaminate or swell, legs may begin to split.
- Swelling wood may cause finish to crack.
- Drywall (sheetrock) may swell and disintegrate.
- Normal household odors, when amplified by temperature and humidity, may intensify.
- Dyes from non-colorfast fabrics may start to migrate.
- Metal surfaces may start to tarnish.
- Fungi may appear, along with their characteristic musty odor.
- Severe warping of wood furnishings may become apparent; adhesive release may cause delaminating.
- Internal components in pianos and organs may swell from condensed moisture absorption.
- Metal surfaces may rust, pit and corrode, causing permanent damage.
- Paint may blister, plaster may dissolve, wall-covering adhesives may release.
- Door and window casings swell and delaminate.
- Wood structural members (decking, joists, and studs) may begin to swell, warp and split.
- Persons with asthma or the infirm elderly may develop hypersensitive reactions.
- With prolonged dampness mold sinks into and destroys organic materials (jute, backings, and paper coverings on drywall, paneling, wood or contents items).
- Wood components may warp and split, while chemicals within wood dissolve and discolor or destroy finishes.
Don’t Wait To Repair Water Damage!
When you postpone restoration of water damage, claim costs escalate dramatically as time passes. If not addressed, fire and water damage creates a dangerous and unpleasant environment. It may require you and your family to evacuate, adding even more unwanted expenses for temporary living arrangements, among other things. These issues can cause lifelong problems for children, who can become sensitized to allergens arising from uncontrolled microbial growth. The most important thing to remember is: don’t wait! At the first sign of fire and water damage, call John Moore Services right away. We’ll get your home back to normal in no time and save you tons of money by prohibiting the damage from going any further. We offer $0 down financing with approved credit, so don’t postpone important system repairs or replacements in your home. Give us a CALL TODAY or CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment.