Frequently Asked Questions about Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Services by Houston’s Best and Most Recognized HVAC Service Providers Since 1994.
How do I know if I should replace my entire HVAC System?
When determining if your home’s HVAC system should be replaced, we look at the age of the unit, its overall condition, and the repairs your system needs in order to function properly. If your system is 15 years or older, requires multiple repairs, uses the coolant R-22, or has more three significant issues, we typically recommend replacing the HVAC system.
Although a full HVAC replacement is a big investment, homeowners frequently find that it is a cost-effective solution in the long run. Your HVAC system contains a lot of parts, and even if several components are replaced or repaired, it is still likely that other components will fail soon. The cost of several replacements can add up to a significant sum that could have been applied towards the purchase of a brand-new system. In addition, new HVAC models frequently offer manufacturer rebates upon purchase and are more energy-efficient, which results in lower utility costs.
What are signs that my HVAC system needs service?
These are all signs that mean your HVAC system needs to be serviced.
- No cold air blowing from your vents, despite the thermostat being set to cool.
- Uneven heating or cooling in your home (some rooms being distinctly warmer/cooler than other rooms in the house)
- Water marks on the ceiling
- Unexplained spike in your utility bill
- HVAC system has stopped running completely
If you notice any of the above issues or have any other concerns that you would like us to take a look at, click here to schedule an appointment with the John Moore HVAC team.
How quickly can John Moore address my issue?
Our schedule and availability changes daily, but we can typically schedule same-day appointments, especially if you contact us early in the morning. Please note that summer is peak HVAC season, and during this time same-day appointments may not always be possible and next-day appointments may be scheduled. Our HVAC service appointments are prioritized based on the immediacy of the situation. If we determine that it isn’t possible to have your AC back up and running that day, we can provide you with portable cooler units to keep everyone in your household cool and comfortable through the night.
What’s included in John Moore’s HVAC replacement?
Each home and family’s needs are different, and lot of consideration is put into the design of your home’s new HVAC system. Our licensed and highly-trained HVAC team will take measurements, run a heat load calculation, and present you with the best options for everything: a new condenser, new duct work, new condensate drain lines, and options such as zoned systems, air purifiers, UV light disinfection, and any other solutions related to your home’s air quality or HVAC needs. We will sit down with you and discuss your needs and budget and work with you to determine the ideal HVAC system for your home. We will present you with any available promotions, rebates, tax credits for your new, energy-efficient system. In-house financing is available, and we will be happy to explain your financing options. But most importantly, we will take the time to answer any and all questions you may have about the process.
Once everything has been determined, we work with you to schedule the best time for the installation. Our team can typically finish replacing your entire HVAC system in one day if work begins in the morning. And of course, in an emergency, portable cooling units will be supplied to keep you comfortable until your system replacement can be completed.
What is John Moore’s HVAC Replacement Process?
- First, we prepare a heat load calculation and measure your attic and any access points our team will need to move through to ensure that we order your equipment in the proper size needed for your home.
- We work with you to schedule the best time for your installation. It takes almost a full day to disassemble and remove your old HVAC system and complete the installation of your new one.
- On the day of installation, the John Moore team will prepare your home for the installation process. Our technicians will put down drop cloths and wear shoe covers to protect your flooring. We may request to move furniture or valuable items to prevent them from being accidentally bumped, scratched, or broken. Homeowners with pets may be asked to keep them in a separate room or at a neighbor’s house to minimize the chances for accidents. (We certainly don’t want to accidently run into your cat or dog while carrying a large, bulky item such as a furnace.)
- Next, we measure your space a second time to double check that all equipment will fit through doorways and tight spaces.
- Our team begins dismantling and removing your old HVAC equipment. All of the old equipment will be loaded into a truck for removal and recycling.
- Installation of your system begins. There will be a lot of moving of large equipment and some loud noises as we fabricate parts, drill units into place, and move around your attic. We may also lay extra boards down in your attic so we don’t fall through a ceiling.
- Refrigerant lines are connected and your new system is properly connected to your home’s power source.
- Once completed, we turn on your new HVAC system and test every air register in your home to ensure that the proper temperature and amount of air is being delivered to each room. In final adjustments are needed, we will adjust the dampers in the attic until everything is just right.
- Once the whole-home air balance is completed, we will explain how to operate and maintain your new system. Our technicians are happy to answer any questions you may have. If you have additional questions, need any adjustments or encounter any issues after we leave, just give us a call. We stand behind our work and are here to help.
Does John Moore have an HVAC replacement warranty?
Yes. John Moore HVAC system replacements have a 10-year warranty on parts. In addition, when your system is installed/replaced by John Moore, if you encounter any issues during the first year, we will come back and fix the problem at no additional cost.*