Give your Houston Home a Facelift with 2012's Hottest Interior Colors
Re-painting is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to renovate your home. With a few coats of paint, you can add value to your home, create a new mood, and express yourself in a whole new way. Even if you're not interested in murals, stripes, or anything eccentric, your new paint choices can add all kinds of color and excitement to your life.
2012 Interior Color Trends
While you're certainly not limited to what's most popular, noting trends can draw your attention to colors you may not have considered. So, what's in style for 2012? Perennial neutral grays and browns are ever-popular for their grounded, go-with-everything qualities. Accompanying them are ocean blues, sunset-worthy oranges, and earthy brown and olive variations. According to Benjamin Moore, the single most popular shade for 2012 is "Wythe Blue" (seen above), chosen for its calming yet classic feel.
Complement your New Paint Colors
No matter what colors you ultimately choose, you can update the rest of your home to complement your new paint choices without having to throw out all your furniture and start from scratch.
Here are some of our favorite post-paint-job home renovation ideas:
- Re-paint or install new baseboards, chair rails, or crown molding to help your new wall colors stand out more.
- Switch out your window coverings. If your new wall color is a light color or a neutral, opt for a brighter-colored curtain. If you chose a vibrant color for your wall, stick with traditional white, beige, or other neutral window treatment.
- Upgrade kitchen and bathroom hardware with shiny new modern styles.
- Have your carpets and hard floors cleaned. Nothing makes a floor look dirtier than fresh new walls!
- Add lighting to rooms that are in suffering from darkness. Lighting adds unparalleled ambience to any room, and additional lights or upgraded fixtures can amaze you with the change.
- If you're particularly picky about everything matching just right, you can upgrade your kitchen appliances to coordinate with your new wall color. Better still if you're ditching old energy-hogging appliances for modern, efficient alternatives!
Complement your new wall colors with sophisticated crown molding or chair rails to dress up your dining room. Schedule a design consultation with our Houston home renovation contractors today.