All of our home appliances collect dirt, grime, and dust over time. Replacing worn-out filters and performing regular cleaning can prolong the lives of your trusty appliances and save you considerable money in the process.
Why you should replace your Houston home's furnace filter:
- A clogged filter forces your heater to work harder than it has to, increasing your energy costs.
- A clogged filter can't trap as much dust as a clean filter, making it less efficient and leaving more allergens in the air to harm your health.
How to change out your furnace filters:
- Remove the service panel on your furnace.
- Shut off the furnace, so it isn't running while you're working on it.
- The filter itself may be either horizontally or vertically positioned inside the furnace. Simply slide it out.
- If you can't see through the filter, and it's full of dust and grime, it's definitely a good thing you ventured to replace it.
- Remember to choose a properly-sized filter to replace your old one.
- If you have opted for a washable, electrostatic furnace filter, simply take it outdoors, hose off the dust and grime, and let it dry before replacing it.
- If the area around your furnace is dusty, use a hand-held vacuum to remove the dust and help your furnace work even more efficiently.
Replacing your furnace filter is a simple task but one that can save you time, money, and headache in the long run.
Schedule a free in-home consultation on our Houston furnace maintenance services today.