All Electrical Repairs and Services
- Electrical Repair
- Electrical Installations
- Indoor Lighting
- Electrical Panel Repair and Replacement
- Licensed Electricians for All Repairs
- Outdoor Lighting
- Whole House Generators
- Whole House Surge Protectors
- Electricity Minder
- Commercial Electrical Services
Common Electrical Problems and What Causes Them
- This problem could be caused by some poor connection somewhere in the circuit. Problem could be within a room, or within the entire house. If lights all over the house are flickering, it is more than likely a problem with the connection of your main wire.
Circuit Breakers Keep Tripping
- Circuit breakers are there to protect the electrical system in your home. If a breaker keeps on tripping, there could be some underlying cause and should be further investigated by a licensed electrician.
- Other reasons why it could keep on tripping could be: the breaker was not properly reset after it tripped, the circuit was overloaded, there was some short circuit or there is a ground fault
- The cause for a dead outlet may vary depending on location of the outlet and whether all of the outlet is not working or only half of it is. Due to this, we recommend that a licensed electrician take a look at your home wiring.
Electrical Problems in Older Houston Homes
Depending on the year in which your home was built, it could not be up to the industry standard to deal with the amount of electricity consumed by modern electronics. If your home was built in the 1980s or before you could be experiencing problems such as:
- Wires pushed in the back of switches and other receptacles are more likely to come loose than those anchored around screw terminals
Knob and Tube Wiring
- Wiring method used up until the 1970’s where only two wires are used – black (hot) and white (neutral). This means that there was no grounding in the wiring which poses a risk to your electrical system and possibly to anything connected to it.
If you are experiencing any of these problems in your older Houston home, our technicians can go take a look at your home and give you options to upgrade your electrical system to improve your energy efficiency and save you money on your monthly electric bills.
Annual Electrical Inspections are Important
We have Trained, Professional Licensed Electricians
Electricians in Texas have to go through a thorough process of applications, examinations, and continuing education. Texas takes licensing very seriously, and so do we: all of our electricians are licensed by the state and participate in ongoing training and education to keep their skills current and sharp.
We are members of the Texas Gulf Coast Chapter of the Independent Electrical Contractors, a symbol of excellence for the electrical industry.