Brighten your Houston Home this Summer with these Renovation Projects
Houstonians love the long Summer days .. just not the heat that accompanies all that sunshine. With a few simple, affordable home renovations, you can bring all that lovely sunshine indoors without the sweltering temperatures.
Our favorite Summer home renovation projects to boost your brightness include:
- Install a skylight. Skylights can be particularly helpful in interior rooms, like bathrooms, where traditional windows aren't an option.
- Replace your plain wooden door with a door with windows. If your entryway includes a hallway or is covered with an awning of some sort, the interior can become quite dark. Add a door with a window, and let considerable light shine through.
- Swap out heavy curtains and blinds for sheer window coverings. Heavier window treatments may block out more heat, but if the darkness has got you down, switch to a sheer option to let more light in.
- Re-paint your walls brighter colors. More than white: think yellows and even lighter shades of green, grey, blue, or pink.
- Add more lights! Take a look around your room to spot areas that could benefit from additional lights, including table and floor lamps and even wall sconces or track lighting. Is your kitchen dark? Try installing under-counter lighting to brighten up your cooking areas.
Welcome guests and brighten your entryway with our Houston entry door replacement services. Call today for a free consultation.