Can you imagine surviving Houston's sweltering Summers without your air conditioner? No? If we told you that you could save money on your energy bills, prolong the life of your all-important air conditioner, and ensure it stays running when you need it most, we're guessing you'd be eager to listen. So, here goes!
Spring Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
- Note: Always shut off power to your central A/C before beginning any air conditioner maintenance.
- If you used an air conditioner cover to protect your unit during the Winter, make sure to remove it before turning the unit back on!
- Check your refrigerant levels by feeling the pipe connected to your A/C unit. If it doesn't feel cool-ish (around 60 degrees), you may be low on refrigerant.
- Don't forget to replace dirty A/C filters! They put more strain on your A/C unit than clean filters and increase your energy consumption.
- Have a professional clean your evaporator coil every couple years to prevent debris build-up. Other than routine air conditioner cleaning, a professional A/C contractor should be involved with all major A/C maintenance work to prevent damage or problems during repairs.
- Clean your air conditioner's ceiling registers. While this task doesn't affect your A/C unit directly, it does help ensure all its hard work doesn't go to waste.
- Keep the area around your outdoor A/C unit free of grass, furniture, and debris that could interfere with its performance. If any grass or weeds have grown inside or around the unit, be sure to completely remove them.
- If the concrete slab on which your outdoor A/C unit sits isn't level (use a carpenter's level to find out), add rocks, gravel, or dirt underneath to level it out to ensure your A/C runs as efficiently as possible.
Free Quotes on Houston A/C Maintenance & Repair Services
Not up to the challenge of maintaining your A/C this Spring? No problem! John Moore's Houston air conditioner repair specialists can maintain your A/C unit and get you ready for our hot Summer months ahead. Call us today to schedule your free in-home estimate!