Some years, it seems like those of us in Southeast Texas never turn on our home’s heaters. Many of us probably forget we even own one! But on those rare days that the temperature drops low enough that they're needed, we sure are glad we have them. It’s therefore important to make sure that your home’s heating system is running smoothly when the cold weather hits.
Tips for Preparing Your Heater for Winter Use
- Cleaning and changing filters as needed
- Cleaning air ducts to remove dust
- Checking to be sure your thermostat works properly
- Installing a programmable thermostat to help you save money and properly heat your home
- Making sure that the space around your heater is cleared of clutter, as these items could become ignited
If you must leave your home for multiple days or weeks in the Winter, be sure to keep your heater running; even a thermostat setting of between 55 and 60 degrees will help prevent your pipes from freezing and bursting.
Not caring for your home's heating system along the way can cost you time and money on last-minute repairs or, worse, leave you without your heater when you need it most. Let the experts at John Moore Services inspect your Houston area home’s heating systems now to get you all set up for our coldest months. Contact us online to schedule your in-home consultation today.